There have been recent cases in the Hunter region. Please see the NSW Health website. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20200806_02.aspx
To keep our community and staff safe, we ask anyone who could have come in contact with the recent cases to postpone your appointment.
If you are not certain of what to do please give our reception staff a call.
Dental restrictions have not changed in NSW, which means we are in dental level 1.
As to the previous update, this means that we are able to perform the entire range of dental procedures including your routine preventive
measures such as examinations, cleaning and polishing. Warners Bay Dental has been adhering to Government guidelines during the Covid-19 pandemic, and the move to ease restrictions reflects the low risk of community transmission. We understand the concerns about Coronavirus and will continue to maintain our high standard of infection control in our practice. However, we are implementing changes in response to this public health issue, and as our responsibility to our staff, patients and public safety we are reviewing all information as it comes to hand.
As always, we practice high standards of infection control and will be continuing to ask screening questions before patients make appointments and attend the surgery. You may notice some changes to our procedures, but the fundamental high standard of infection control remains.
Extra measures and changes include:
* Screening questions for patients when making or confirming appointments to ensure you are not experiencing any flu like symptoms
* Screening of all our staff and dentist for any sign of cold/flu symptoms
* Patients are asked to wash and or sanitise their hands before and after appointments
* Avoid touching your face and mouth where possible, and practice great hand-hygiene
* All magazines and toys have been removed from the waiting room
* Our reception and waiting room have been modified to adhere with the social distancing rule which still applies. However, our reception staff may ask that you wait in your car or outside on arrival due to minimising the number of patients in the waiting room
We are so thankful to our amazing team and patients who have been so understanding in these challenging times.