The National Cabinet has from 27 April 2020 recommended the relinquishing of level 3 dental service restrictions and the move to level 2 restrictions. This means we will be able to increase the services we provide. This includes most dental services ie examinations, fillings, root canal therapy, crowns and extractions. The main restrictions still in place are in regards to scaling and clean, surgical extractions and dental implant surgery.
We thank all of you for your patience, cooperation and understanding while we work our way through these restrictions.
Warners Bay Dental wishes to reassure its patients that we remain committed to maintaining the highest level of hygiene and professional care, to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
The precautions previous implemented have continued.
- All patients are being screened when making appointments, to ensure they are not presenting with any flu symptoms and have not travelled outside of Australia in the past two weeks.
- Any member of our team presenting with flu-like symptoms, or who suspect they may have been in contact with any person exposed to the virus, will be asked to stay home.
- All patients are asked at reception to use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure.
- All magazines, children’s toys, disposable cups have been removed from the waiting room to reduce the chance of contamination. A sign has been hung at the water dispenser encouraging patients to ask for cups should they require a drink.
- As always, all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected between patients with approved disinfectants per Australian Dental Association and NSW Health Guidelines. All dental instruments are individually sterilised after each use.
- Additional cleaning of the practice, including common areas and surfaces is being carried out regularly throughout the day.
- Thankfully, our ducted air conditioning system has a fresh air intake installed. This assists in increasing ventilation throughout the practice.
- Patients are asked to arrive “on time” for their appointments, not early, to reduce interaction with other staff and patients in the waiting room.
- Management continues to regularly monitor updates and protocols from the Australian Dental Association and NSW Health.
If it was necessary to cancel your appointment, we will have one of our receptionists be in contact to schedule your next appointment.
We are equipped and are stocked with all the suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) that ensures your safety.