Surgery Update – Covid-19
(Last Updated 17.03.2020)
In light of the evolving Covid-19 (Coronavirus) concerns, Warners Bay Dental wishes to reassure its patients that we remain committed to maintaining the highest level of hygiene and professional care, to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
In the meantime, the surgery will continue to operate as normal, whilst remaining vigilant with infection control measures. We are closely monitoring all recommendations made by the Australian Dental Association and NSW Health.
The following precautions have been implemented:
- All patients are being screened when making appointments, to ensure they are not presenting with any flu symptoms and have not travelled outside of Australia in the past two weeks.
- Any member of our team presenting with flu-like symptoms, or who suspect they may have been in contact with any person exposed to the virus, will be asked to stay home.
- All patients are asked at reception to use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure.
- All magazines, children’s toys, disposable cups have been removed from the waiting room to reduce the chance of contamination. A sign has been hung at the water dispenser encouraging patients to ask for cups should they require a drink.
- As always, all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected between patients with approved disinfectants per Australian Dental Association and NSW Health Guidelines. All dental instruments are individually sterilised after each use.
- Additional cleaning of the practice, including common areas and surfaces is being carried out regularly throughout the day.
- Thankfully, our ducted air conditioning system has a fresh air intake installed. This assists in increasing ventilation throughout the practice.
- Patients are asked to arrive “on time” for their appointments, not early, to reduce interaction with other staff and patients in the waiting room.
- Management continue to regularly monitoring updates and protocols from the Australian Dental Association and NSW Health.
Last Reviewed 17th March 2020