Are you brushing your teeth correctly? Check out our easy to follow guide
17 September 2018
You should brush your teeth at least twice a day and toothbrushes should be replaced every 3-4 months, or when the bristles get worn or frayed. The five steps below show how to brush your teeth correctly.
- Aim the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line.
- Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Use a gentle circular motion.
- Repeat on the inside surfaces.
- Use a light back and forth motion on the chewing surfaces.
- Spit out the toothpaste after brushing.
You do not need to rinse, as the small amount of fluoridated toothpaste left in your mouth after spitting continues to protect against tooth decay.
Electric toothbrushes also do a good job of cleaning teeth.